After long silence, I am back to blogging after nearly 3 months.
This is summer. When we heard summer is coming, the first thing which pop up into our mind is Google Summer of Code competition. It was announced early this year also since 2005. (see more information about GSoC 2012) In this blog post, I am going to briefly summarize the activities which I involved in Pre-GSoC 2012 period (from Announcement of GSoC 2012 to student bonding period.).
(image source: http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/homepage/google/gsoc2012)
Here is the rough time plan of the GSoC 2012 and activities which i did during each time period.
- Google summer of Code 2012 Program announced.
- Google program administrators review organization applications.
- Accepted mentoring organizations published on the Google Summer of Code 2012 site.
- Student participants discuss application ideas with mentoring organizations.
- Student application period opens.
- After discussing with Airavata community I wrote a project proposal for the project and submitted to Google.
- Student application deadline.
- Mentoring organizations review and rank student proposals; where necessary, mentoring organizations may request further proposal detail from the student applicant.
- I did some improvements to my project proposal as requested by them.
- Accepted student proposals announced on the Google Summer of Code 2012 site.
- After evaluation of project proposals, Google announced selected project proposals in official web site.
yes, I am in. I am a GSoCer.